Cruising up to the Ironman National, not far from the motorsports mecca of Indianapolis, Indiana, you’ll see picturesque views of small town America. The late summer date produces porch weather, and that draws all the locals who marvel at the professional cavalcade that has rolled into their town. You get a sense that this race offers up everything you want in a big-time motocross race….well, except one thing. The land surrounding the track looks flat. Where are the hills? Where’s the elevation change? Can this possibly work?
You park your crew in the huge flat field—perfect for camping and pitting, and head out to check out the big rigs in the easily accessible pro pits. Then you walk toward the track and suddenly something happens: the ground opens up, drops down, and practically swallows the race track whole. The Ironman Raceway track doesn’t just offer up elevation change, it offers up some of the biggest, steepest combinations of jumps and hills in the entire series, including Godzilla, a massive uphill jump.
You’ve already sensed that the rest of the track is perfect: the dirt, the obstacles, the sightlines. Add in those hills, and you’ve got pure motocross. By the end of the day that deep soil grows hugely rough and rutted, and only those wise in old-school motocross techniques like, standing up and changing lines, and riding smarter not harder, can succeed.
This track makes a fitting season finale, too. The dynamic terrain seems almost like a combination of every track in the series, all rolled into one place. Indiana is said to be the crossroads of America, and the Ironman National track is the perfect crossroads to determine America’s motocross champions each year.
- FREE! Motorcycle Parking and Gear/Helmet Check @ Main Gate
- Grandstand and Open Air Festival seating
- Natural shaded viewing areas
- Nearly 100% Track Viewing from a variety of vantage points
- Infield Track Viewing via Three Track Tunnels
- Covered Super Ticket VIP Viewing Areas with live timing and scoring, private restrooms, and catering
- Handicap Viewing Area and convenient parking
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- Legends and Heroes Display
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio @ MXFM 89.5
- Food, Soft Drink and Beer Concessions
- Easy Entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- Saturday Parking Fee: $10/vehicle
- Gates open Thursday @ Noon and close midnight to 6 am daily. Please plan accordingly.
- Be prepared to show credentials at all security checkpoints
- General Information: located at the Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Will Call: Follow the signs to Will Call, located right off St Rd. 47
- Security: Headquartered at Main Entrance/Gate 1
- Lost & Found: located at Main Entrance/Gate 1
- No glass bottles in fan viewing areas
- No drones or remote control aircraft permitted
- No pets allowed in main fan areas or in Pro Paddock on Saturday.
- No pit vehicles. No pit bikes, quads, scooters golf carts, UTVs, etc.
- Do not take banners. Banners and event signage are the private property of the promoter. Removal of these items is illegal and punishable by law. You will be prosecuted for theft.
- Responsibility. Motocross racing, like all motorsports can be dangerous. When you enter the grounds you assume the risk of injury and/or damage. It is your responsibility to keep yourself and your children. Be aware of their location at all times. Never turn you back to oncoming racers.
- Keep your radio tuned to MXFM 88.3 FM for up-to-date announcements, racing news, interviews and information throughout the weekend. Although we have a public address system, the best way to stay tuned is to tune in.
- Be Social with Ironman Raceway, like the official Facebook Page!
2019 Special Events
- FLYday Friday Amateur Racing (See Amateur Racing tab for details)
- Finish Line Festival Community Day, Friday, August 23 from 5:30 - 8 pm. Free Admission into Ironman Raceway (Friday Only). Enjoy the Pro Pits, a Pizza Party with the pros, face painting, free popcorn and cotton candy. Try your climb at the Indiana Zipline Tour's rock wall and human gyroscope.
- Friday Night “Party with the Pros” for ages 12 & under in Sponsor Village by the covered bridge @ 6:00 PM. Meet some of the top pro riders and the lovely Lucas Oil Girls for some fun, food, games and autographs, compliments of Lucas Oil.
- Friday Night Pit Bike Race @ 7:00 PM (See Amateur Racing tab for details)
- Sunday Amateur Racing, AMA Indiana State Championship (See Amateur Racing tab for details)
- Tom's Marine Sales
- Westfield Powersports
- MacAllister CAT
- Crawfordsville Main Street
- Crawfordsville City Council
- Journal Review
MX Sports, Inc.
Event Director: Tim Cotter (304) 284-0084
Ironman National Winners
|8/25/18||Justin Barcia||Monroe, NY||YAM|
|8/22/15||Ryan Dungey||Belle Plaine, MN||KTM|
|8/25/18||Aaron Plessinger||Hamilton, OH||YAM|
|8/26/17||Zach Osborne||Abingdon, VA||HSQ|
|8/27/16||Austin Forkner||Richards, MO||KAW|
|8/22/15||Aaron Plessinger||Hamilton, OH||YAM|
IRONMAN® is a registered trademark of World Triathlon Corporation, used by permission.